Elliot House, Marylebone

Client: Residential Land

Architect: Architecture 519


A major refurbishment and extension was developed for Elliot House, to provide 31 high quality, luxury appointed apartments, whilst retaining the existing listed façade. Built on the eve of the 2nd World War to provide living accommodation for officers based at Scotland Yard, Elliot House is located in the fashionable Marylebone district of London.


Plant rooms and a new substation are to be constructed 4 metres below ground within the 2-level basement car park, with access to the car park by car-lift from Cato Street, the site of the 1820 Cato Street Conspiracy. Underfloor heating and domestic hot water to the apartments is to be provided from Combined Heat & Power (CHP) plant located in the basement plant room, lighting to communal areas powered from roof-mounted Photo-Voltaic panels.

Solution:Positive was appointed as Building Services and Utilities Consultants to the project, working closely with the Client Team for more than two years to develop the concept design. The appointment included a monitoring role on behalf of the Client during the Construction Phase and a liaison and co-ordination role with the utility operators during the diversion and reinforcement of incoming utility services.